Page Contents :
- 1 What is MU-MIMO?
- 2 How to Choose the best MU-MIMO Router?
- 3 Top 10 list of Best MU-MIMO Routers
- 3.1 1. TP-Link AC2600 Wireless Wi-Fi Gigabit Router(Archer C2600)
- 3.2 2. NETGEAR Nighthawk X4S
- 3.3 3. ASUS RT-AC5300
- 3.4 4. Linksys MAX-STREAM AC1900
- 3.5 5. TRENDnet AC2600 Router
- 3.6 6. Linksys AC1750 Router
- 3.7 7. Linksys WRT AC3200
- 3.8 8. ASUS RT-AC88U Wireless Router:
- 3.9 9. TP-Link AC5400 Wireless Router:
- 3.10 10. Linksys AC5400 Wireless Router:
- 4 Final Conclusion:
Have you heard of the term ‘MU-MIMO‘? No..then I will explain you all about the MU-MIMO as well as MU-MIMO Routers in this guide.
First of all,
What is MU-MIMO?
Multi-user Multiple-Input and Multiple-Output (MU-MIMO) is a technology that is going to revolutionize the future wireless communication and wireless router transmissions industry.
The MU-MIMO technology uses an advanced concept where various transmitters and receivers are used to transfer and receive data at the same time to all the connected users without wasting bandwidth. This technology, on the contrary, boosts the internet speed between the router and device.
Although the technology is prevailing in the market but not in extensive use, as users are satisfied with the old and consistent wireless communication technology.
Let’s also learn about the traditional technology that is in the market.
It is SU-MIMO (Single User – Multiple-Input and Multiple-Output) technology in which the router can take care of one device at one time. In this, the router sends and receives data from only one direction. Although with the SU-MIMO technology you can connect multiple devices to the router transmission of data can only happen to one device at a time.
You can notice the demerit of SU-MIMO technology when either you’re playing an online game and on the other hand, your brother is watching an online movie, this, on the contrary, will consume the bandwidth of the router and you’ll see the degradation of the performance of the router.
So in this regard, the MU-MIMO technology comes with extra benefits that might efficiently boost the bandwidth and speed of the router.
How to Choose the best MU-MIMO Router?
The MU-MIMO routers are new to the market and are yet to capture the pace but when the trend will come then surely they’re going to take the market by storm.
Before that let me tell you some important parameters and criteria on which you can trust and make up a mind to make a purchase of the MU-MIMO router. I would just recommend you to count on these following parameters just before buying the router.
- The maximum coverage area of the router- The coverage area refers to how far is the range of the router. The coverage area depends on the external and internal antennas coming with the wireless router.
- The level of wireless security– nowadays everyone wants security with the increase of the cyber attacks. The best security for the wireless router is the WPA/WPA2 (Wi-Fi protected access) available in most of the routers and SPI firewall protection.
- Wi-Fi speed it is delivering– The router Wi-Fi speed depends on the internet connection. Different router delivers different speed, some of the most popular variants are 300 Mbps, 600 Mbps, 1200 Mbps, 1900 Mbps and so on.
- Wireless Standards– These are the wireless protocols standard which is set by IEEE(Institute of Electricals and Electronics Engineers). The most advanced standard is 802.11 AC which mostly comes in advanced wireless protocols. Other standards are 802.11 a/b/g/n which comes in most of the wireless routers.
I think these few parameters are enough on which you can rely upon and make a purchase of the next MU-MIMO router either for home or office use.
Now let’s see the best MU-MIMO routers which you can choose as your next router.
Top 10 list of Best MU-MIMO Routers
|MU-MIMO Routers||WiFi Speed||Antennas||CPU Processor||Price|
|TP-Link AC2600 Wireless||Up to 2533Mbps||4x External||1.4GHz Dual-Core||Check Price|
|NETGEAR Nighthawk X4S||Up to 2600 Mbps||4x (external)||1.7GHz Dual Core||Check Price|
|ASUS RT-AC5300||Up to 5300 Mbps||8x (external)||Tri-band||Check Price|
|Linksys MAX-STREAM AC1900||Up to 1750 Gbps||3x (external)||Dual-Core 1.4 GHz||Check Price|
|TRENDnet AC2600 MU-MIMO||Up to 1733 Mbps||4x (external)||1.4 GHz Dual-Core||Check Price|
|Linksys AC1750||Up to 1700 Mbps||3x (external)||Dual Core||Check Price|
|Linksys WRT AC3200||Up to 3200 Mbps||4x external||1.8 GHz||Check Price|
|ASUS RT-AC88U||Up to 3167 Mbps||4x (external)||1.4 GHz Dual-Core||Check Price|
|TP-Link AC5400 Wireless||Up to 5400Mbps||8x (external)||1.4GHz Dual Core||Check Price|
|Linksys AC5400 Tri Band||Up to 5300 Mbps||8x (external)||1.4 GHz Dual-Core||Check Price|
After going through the table, I’m sure you’ve made your mind which one would be best for your use. The above MU-MIMO technology comprised routers are the best as per user ratings and as per specifications.
Now let’s see all the routers one by one with complete description.
The Archer C2600 is a very well finished router that has the complete potential to unleash your home or office environment with a high-speed internet access. With the installation of the MU-MIMO technology contained router, you can experience high-speed connections during heavy network traffic and congestion.
Apart from this let’s see some of the features of the router:
Features of TP-Link AC2600 Router:
- Enjoy trouble-free 4K HD video and play online games
- Comes with 1.4GHz dual-core high-speed processor
- Powered by 4-Stream Technology
- 2-year warranty
- 2x USB 3.0 ports
- TP-LINK Live Technical support – 24/7
The TP-Link AC2600 wireless router can supercharge your WiFi signals and transmit WiFi to targeted users and devices with beamforming.
2. NETGEAR Nighthawk X4S
The NETGEAR Nighthawk X4S AC2600 is a very smart dual band gigabit gaming router that efficiently transmits WiFi to multiple devices without any disturbance or error rate. The MU-MIMO router doubles the bandwidth and WiFi range of the network in mobile devices with 160MHz support.
Features NETGEAR Nighthawk X4S Router:
- Compatible with Amazon Echo/Alexa
- Powered by 160MHz, MU-MIMO, and Quad-Stream Technology
- X4 Architecture for lag-free streaming
- Built with 2 USB 3.0 + 1 eSATA
- Dynamic Quality of Service
- Ultimate+ Range with four high-gain external antennas
- VPN support
If you’re an online gaming and streaming freak then this is the router that will give you high performance and reliable connectivity. And if you’re looking for a router that can control your home network using voice commands then Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Smart WiFi Router deliberately fulfills your demand.
3. ASUS RT-AC5300
The ASUS Wireless AC5300 Tri-Band Gigabit Router is one of the best wireless MU-MIMO routers that comes with super fast speed for faster gaming and online streaming. The router is configured with 4×4 802.11ac MU-MIMO technology that delivers not only high speed but also top class security.
Features of ASUS RT-AC5300 Router:
- 4K/UHD video playback
- AiProtection Powered by Trend Micro for protection of sensitive data
- Get access to WTFast which is a Gamers Private Network (GPN).
- User-friendly ASUSWRT user interface to easily configure web-based installation process
- ASUS Router App to manage the router
- Built with four transmit, four-receive (4T4R) antenna design to cover wide range
- High-class Customer Satisfaction and Support Service
If you want rock solid hardware with plenty of horsepowers to fulfill your internet requirement and also in the search of accelerated gaming experience than ASUS Wireless AC5300 will be the best choice.
The next generation Linksys EA7400 Max-Stream AC1750 MU-MIMO Gigabit Router is a router that perfectly fits both homes and offices. The router comes with built-in Beamforming Technology on both bands which on the contrary distributes equal bandwidth to each client and also boosts the quality of online video streaming.
Features of Linksys MAX-STREAM AC1900 Router:
- Dual-Band 80.11ac Wireless Technology
- 3×3 AC Spatial streams
- PHY data rates AC1300 + N450
- 4 x LAN Gigabit / 1 x WAN Gigabit ports
- Excellent communication and network coverage
- Built-in USB 3.0 and one USB 2.0 port
If you’re looking for a router that is in your price range with advanced MU-MIMO technology and well-balanced speed then this router will serve the purpose very efficiently.
5. TRENDnet AC2600 Router
The TRENDnet AC2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Gigabit Router is a performance based router that comfortably supports all your family members thirst of using high-speed WiFi. The router processes multiple data streams providing real-time access to the network and distributes equal bandwidth to all the connected devices.
Features of TRENDnet AC2600 Router:
- Powered by Qualcomm StreamBoost technology
- Pre-encrypted WiFi Network
- Comes with USB 3.0 share ports
- File Sharing Support (BitTorrent sharing)
- Ultimate Wireless Range with 4K UHD Streaming
If you’re a joint family or a family with a big number of active internet users than the TRENDnet AC2600 router is the router that you must go for that will provide multiple data streams and Lag Free gaming experience.
The Linksys AC1750 Dual Band Wireless Router (Max-Stream EA7300) is the router that has the dedicated potential to deliver Wi-Fi signal to multiple connected devices in real time and also with the same dedicated speed. The router also supports online gaming, online video/4K streaming and more with easy bandwidth distribution.
Features of Linksys AC1750 Router:
- Faster Wi-Fi to multiple devices
- 4x Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Supported with USB 3.0 ports
- Share Your Home Wi-Fi With Guests
- Use the updated Smart Wi-Fi app
- 1-year warranty + Dedicated technical support
A network made especially made for Home network which has the functions to create a guest network and share network with guests. The router also believes in equality and delivers same speed at the same time to all connected devices.
The Linksys WRT AC3200 Open Source Dual-Band Gigabit Smart Wireless Router comes with MU-MIMO technology and has the complete potential of expanding the router’s speeds so as to provide blazing-fast Wi-Fi speeds to multiple devices in real time.
Features of Linksys WRT AC3200 Router:
- Tri-Stream 160 Technology
- Comes with the fastest dual-band of any router
- Open-source distributions with OpenWrt and DD-WRT
- USB 3.0, eSATA and Gigabit Ethernet Ports
- Upgraded Smart Wi-Fi app to manage the router
- Easily detects network intrusion and effectively manages network traffic.
Looking for a router that not only comes with MU-MIMO technology but also is very stylish in looks and design than the Linksys WRT3200ACM router that you can go with. It has all the potential with extra cool looks.
8. ASUS RT-AC88U Wireless Router:
A wireless MU-MIMO comprised router that has a brand value of ASUS can also be called as a very amazing router that comes with a revolutionary hardware and lots of horsepowers in-built. The ASUS routers are built keeping in mind the speed as well as user’s network security.
Features of ASUS RT-AC88U Wireless Router:
- Dual-band equipped with 1024-QAM technology
- Supporting 4K/UHD video playback and Accelerated gaming
- ASUS-exclusive AiProtection powered by Trend Micro
- Built-in access to WTFast Gamers Private Network (GPN)
- LAN, 1x WAN Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Link Aggregation with Teaming ports and Smart Connect
- 2 years warranty and world class technical support
A router that has a very solid hardware and has a very long life, you just have to bring it home and install it afterward you just relax the router will handle all your WiFi and Network problems. A must buy a router with 2 years worth warranty.
The TP-Link Archer C5400 Wi-Fi Tri-Band Gigabit Router is also one of the leaders in the top ten list of MU-MIMO router that comes with the advanced technology of TP-Link. The Wireless router also has a well-defined architecture that is made keeping in mind the speed and lag-free performance factors.
Features of TP-Link AC5400 Router:
- Tri-Band 2.4GHz (1000Mbps) + 5GHz (2167Mbps) + 5GHz (2167Mbps)
- NitroQAM Technology and XStream Architecture for Powerful Processing
- High-speed connections & dedicated Wi-Fi signal to multiple devices with beamforming technology
- Enjoy 4K HD video streaming and supercharged online gaming
- 1x 3.0 USB, 1x 2.0 USB and 4x Gigabit Ethernet Ports
- User-friendly but Powerful Mobile App Interface
- 2 years warranty and 24/7 technical support
If you want a hardware and processing accelerated router that is in your price range with various advanced features and technologies then this is the router worth spending money with. The router is built with advanced technologies making it the topmost router which will empower your complete home entertainment sector.
The Linksys Max Stream EA9500 Tri-Band Wireless Router in this range can be called as the perfect next-gen MU-MIMO comprised router that suits a busy household or a busy office. The router is capable of providing lag-free work productivity, online streaming, and online gaming in multiple devices at the same time with same speed.
Features of Linksys AC5400 Router:
- Tri-Band technology to double up WiFi performance
- Built-in WPA/WPA2 encryption and SPI firewall for network intrusion
- Enjoy Seamless Roaming when connected with Max-Stream Routers with Max-Stream Range Extenders
- 8x Gigabit Ethernet Port with USB 3.0, 2.0 port
- Parental Controls with Guest Access network in the Smart Wi-Fi App
- Excellent Technical support
If you have plenty of users who actively use the WiFi at a constant rate then the router is the best to go for as it treats multiple devices as if each has its own dedicated router. With the router’s seamless roaming feature you can enjoy sharing and smooth video calls downstairs in your home office with the strongest WiFi signals in range.
Routers are must we all know that and picking up a router from the best is a big problem I know that. The above top 10 best MU-MIMO routers list is sufficient for you all to make a rigid decision to come up with.
All the routers are best on their part, it is completely on you guys to pick up your router as per the situation. I have researched and provided with the bottom lines for each router so that it becomes easy for you to decide which router you should go for.
Just go through the routers and know more about them like reviews, configurations etc. on Amazon.