Page Contents :
- 1 How to Choose best Home Theater Projector?
- 2 List of Home Cinema Projector
- 3 Editor’s Recommendation
If you’re not satisfied with your big screen TV or You want to turn your beautiful home into the big sized theater then the home theater projector is the best solution for you. It is the rigid item that can give you the accurate big size, so you can enjoy the full entertainment and fun.
With the home theater projector, You can enjoy the new level of watching movies, television programs, Video songs or playing games. To enjoy a true cinema experience in the comfort of the home you also need a marvelous set of speakers, home cinema projector screen, and many more things. This home cinema projector works impressively if these things are set along with the projector then this made a finest and complete solution for the Home Entertainment.
It is the nice way to enjoy the weekends at home which is more affordable if I compared to the multiplex tickets and notifications. So this is the cool mode to be entertained and watch movie/picture very effortlessly and comfortably.
In this article, I’ve chosen top-rated home theater projector so that you can preview the images sharp and clear.
My goal is to recommend the best and ultimate products to my appealing audience so that they feel the worth of the product after purchasing it. As you all know the home theater Projector has plenty of parameters and there are a lot of technical things to consider.
To make this easy, I have decided to reveal all the parameters and factors which should be checked before buying the new projector, Now, let me clear this point while mentioning the parameters for choosing the best Home theater Projector.
How to Choose best Home Theater Projector?
It is always a difficult task to choose the best because it always requires expert advice for this. But, if you go with the parameters while I had mentioned below, then it will make very easy for you to choose the best Home Theater Projector for enjoying full entertainment while watching cool movies, playing games and more. Now let’s check out the Parameters one by one.
- Usage of Projector
- Color Brightness
- Types of Projectors
- Aspect Ratios
- Types of Keystone Correction
- Contrast Ratio
- Projection Distance
- Projection Technologies
1. Usage of Projector: It is cleared in this post that these projectors are best for the Home theater, so you don’t need to overthink about it. If this post was not specific then you must know about the usage of your projector. In short, you’re buying the projector for what purpose.
2. Color Brightness: The brightness of a projector is measured in ANSI lumens. Typically, projectors have between 800 and 3000 lumens. Now let’s see figure how much brightness is appropriate for which type of projectors.
- Under 1,000 lumens: This type of brightness comes with mini projectors, and are least expensive one.
- 1,000 to 2,000 Lumens: You can easily find a projector with this type of brightness, but it requires dim light and projection is to be done on medium sized screen.
- 2,000 to 3,000 Lumens: This brightness range is most commonly available in the market and is used with some ambient lighting.
- Above 3,000 Lumens: This range of projectors are the most expensive one and provide you the flexibility of using it with bright light also.
3. Resolution: The Resolution also matters in the category of Projector and it is determined by the number of pixels projected. The higher the resolution, the clearer and sharper the image is. Here’s the short look of resolution list.
- 1920 x 1080: It is the best resolution for high definition formats such as HDTV, Blu-ray, and gaming system.
- 1280 x 768: If you’re projecting a computer system onto the screen then this size is outstanding.
- 1280 x 720: This resolution provides good DVD and Blu-ray video quality at an affordable price.
4. Types of Projectors: There are different types of projectors out there in the market and here are the three types of projectors that include DLP, LCD, and LED Projectors,
- DLP Projectors: It stands for the Digital Light Processing or LDP types projectors use mirrors to project their images. They shine the light onto a chip with the microscopic mirrors known as the digital micro-mirror device, and that light is then reflected off of the mirrors and through the projector lens.
- LCD Projectors: In LCD type projectors, the light passes through LCD panels that are red, blue, or green in color. The combination of open and closed pixels produces a wide range of colors projected as the moving image. LCD projectors are widely used in every field.
- LED Projectors: The technology of LED Projectors is different from LED screens. Some DLP projectors with “solid-state illumination” technology are actually LED projectors. This technology is commonly used in pico projector or in handheld devices that use Lcos.
5. Aspect Ratios: The Aspect Ratio of the Projector is really impressive and the important factor to consider. In some words, it is referred to the ratio between its width and height. For example, a 4:3 display produces an image that is more square, where a 16:9 ratio produces an image that is more rectangular in shape.
These two ratios are the best in the respective field, 4:3 is best for the classic films, regular TV programs, or large IMAX presentations and the another one 16:9 is for the higher quality image. The Blu-ray and HDTV are both designed for a 16:9 system.
6. Types of Keystone Correction: The Keystone Correction is to adjust the image being projected so that it displays flat on the screen. This feature is available in various good projectors, but in two types i.e manual and digital. In digital type projector, the shape of the image is corrected before projected through the lens, while in manual version, it is to be done manually by the user.
7. Contrast Ratio: The Contrast ratio of the projector is quite technical but it is so necessary to focus out on. It is the ratio between the brightest whites and darkest blacks in an image. The higher the contrast ratio, the bigger is the difference between the brightest whites and the darkest blacks of a projector. This feature is especially best for the home theaters and big compartments.
8. Connections: It is important to make sure that all of the inputs, such as a USB or an HDMI, are available and functional. The projector usually comes with the connectivity type of HDMI, Wireless, Wired Projection, USB video, Dual HDMI, MHL, Display Port etc.
9. Projection Distance: For the home movie projector, you need the relevant distance to display the video or images. It is being calculated in the format of inches/ft. To find any projector’s throw distance for any screen size or any brand you should check the Projection Calculator. It will automatically reveal the throw distance
10. Lenses/Lamps: This is a factor that should be considered for choosing the best home theater projector and Lamps are so essential things. The Projector lenses can be confusing to choose, The Projector lamps are categorized as either metal halide lamps or ultra-high pressure mercury vapor lamps. The Lamps durability check in the format of Hours, it becomes ridiculous after some hours.
11. Projection technologies: Don’t be afraid about this parameter it looks quite impressive that it’s not. It is all about the technology of Projector. This typically involves a CRT Projector, LCD Projector, DLP Projector, Lcos Projector, Hybrid Projector, and more. Make sure to check out the technology of projector before buying the new Home Theater Projector.
Here’s the end of the parameters, now you can select the projector according to these parameters. Now, let’s move onto the list of home theater projector.
List of Home Cinema Projector
|Projector Name||Brightness||Contrast Ratio||Resolution||Price|
|ViewSonic PJD6350||3,300||20,000:1||1024 x 768||Check Price|
|Optoma HD26||3,200||25,000:1||1920 x 1080||Check Price|
|BenQ DLP W1070||2,000||10,000:1||1920 x 1080||Check Price|
|ERISAN T20||1,500||1,000:1||1920 x 1080||Check Price|
|ViewSonic PJD7828HDL||3,200||22,000:1||1920 x 1080||Check Price|
|Optoma HD27||3,200||25,000:1||1920 x 1080||Check Price|
|Epson Home Cinema 2040||2,200||35,000:1||1920 x 1080||Check Price|
|ViewSonic PJD5155||4,700||20,000:1||800 x 600||Check Price|
|Optoma HD142X||3,000||23,000:1||1920 x 1080||Check Price|
|BenQ W1080ST||2,000||10,000:1||1920 x 1080||Check Price|
The Home Theater Projector available in today’s market are all HD. So this is the most common type of Projectors which you can easily find. While using HD projector for your home, you will definitely get the feeling of sitting in a movie theater. Also, you can play games on big screens by using these projectors. Now, let me explain these projectors in details, Let’s have a look at their exciting features.
1. ViewSonic PJD6350
The ViewSonic LightStream PJD6350 is the networkable projector which features 3,300 lumens brightness, native XGA 1024×768 resolution, and user-friendly design. All LightStream PJD6 projectors are equipped with Crestron RoomView Express Technology, an easy-to-use network management system that lets administrators remotely monitor and control over 250 LightStream projectors from a single PC.
To give best in class color accuracy, this projector exclusive features like SuperColor Technology which offers a wider color range for true-to-life image projection in any light and ensures that users enjoy more realistic and accurate colors. This technology also provides 6-Segment Color Wheel decreases the white segment while increasing the yellow and cyan segments for images that are both exceptionally bright and well-saturated.
This Projector is also integrated with SonicExpert technology which provides an enlarged speaker chamber and a more powerful amplifier to deliver a full 20Hz – 20Khz sound range, and with a 10-watt speaker, you don’t need any expensive speakers to connect with it. The most interesting feature of this projector is that it display 3D images directly from 3D Blu-ray player and you can connect to any HDMI-enabled device.
ViewSonic PJD6350 Home Theater Projector also has the horizontal and vertical keystone correction with a corner adjustment feature which eliminates crooked and distorted images for a perfectly proportioned picture every time. Also, you can use this projector for long distance also as it provides screen size of 109-Inches from 12-Feet; 274-Inches from 30-Feet. Also, the company provides 3-year limited warranty on parts and labor, and 1-year limited warranty on the lamp.
So, if you want a good home screen projector, then ViewSonic PJD6350 is the best buy with which you can control over 250 LightStream projectors from a single PC.
Features of ViewSonic PJD6350:
- Display Technology: DLP
- Weight: 4.92 lbs
- Connectivity: Networkable (Wired & wireless), HDMI, USB Video, Wireless, MHL, Internet-built-in
- SonicExpert Technology
- Color & Brightness: 3300 Lumens
- Speakers: 3d-ready, speakers,
- Warranty: Manufacturers Limited Warranty of 3 Years
2. Optoma HD26
If you want to obtain Movie Theater like feeling at your home, then Optoma HD26 is the best 1080p 3D DLP Home Theater Projector to use at your home. This projector is overloaded with some awesome features and latest technologies to improve the performance. It gives the size range of 71-inches from 8 feet; 107-inches from 12 feet, so you can adjust the screen size according to your wish.
This Optoma HD26 Projector is integrated with the best in class 3200 ANSI Lumens of brightness. This means that you can use this projector in the room with some light, if you use it in dark place, then the screen will be too bright to watch. With its 1920x1080p pixels, you can watch Blu-ray movies without downscaling or compression. It’s 25000:1 contrast ratio and advanced optical lens produce highly detailed graphics, deep shadows.
If we talk about the lamp life, this projector provides it up to 6500 hours which will increase the viewing time and lower cost of ownership. With its powerful 10W built-in speakers, you can complete your home entertainment experience as it provides crystal clear sound quality without the need for costly external speakers. And for pro gamers, this projector supports 144Hz rapid refresh rate and gives smooth and flicker-free images.
If you want some extra entertainment while watching movies, then this projector can display true 3D content from almost any 3D source, including 3D Blu-ray players, 3D broadcasting and the latest generation games consoles. Also, the company provides 1-year limited warranty on parts and 90-days on the lamp. And if you have any technical issues, you can contact the technical team to get the solution.
So, if you want a good 3D projector with extreme features and overloaded with the latest technology, then the Optoma HD26 will be the best for Home Entertainment.
Features of Optoma HD26:
- Keystone Correction: Yes
- Lens Shift: No
- Lamp Life: 6500-hours
- Full HD 1080P
- Connectivity: HDMI, MHL, Smartphone & Tablet
- Image Size: 34″ – 322″
- Weight: 5.5 lbs
3. BenQ DLP W1070
Experience the real Full HD with this BenQ DLP W1070 HD Projector. This awesome projector will give you the Full HD 3D 1080p image projection up to 200 inches which will give you the never before movies watching experience at your home. This projector also has 10,000:1 contrast ratio which provides better image quality, and 2,000 ANSI lumens of brightness makes this Projector better for lightning and can handle any size of the screen.
This product is integrated with the native 1080p DarkChip3 DLP Technology by Texas Instrument and built in speakers which will make your living room into a theater. You can easily connect this projector with different devices, as it supports multiple forms of 3D including HDMI, Blu-Ray, 3D broadcasting, video games and NVIDIA 3DTV PC connectivity. If you want to fix it overhead, then you need an HD projector stand for it.
Also integrated with the SmartEco technology for energy conservation and auto standby mode to save energy and prolong lamp life up to 6,000 hours. To give you the full feeling of a movie theater, this projector has inbuilt speakers which provide immersive sound quality. The throw ratio of this Projector is 1.15 – 1.5, which means that at a distance of 10 feet, you will get a screen width of 80″ (92″ diagonal) to 105″ (120″ diagonal).
You can easily operate this projector by only plugging the power cord and video source connection cable. Also, the company provides limited time manufacturer warranty and free technical support with this Projector.
So, if you buy this product, then it will surely help in saving the power consumption and ultimately reduces the electricity bill because of its SmartEco technology.
Features of BenQ DLP W1070:
- Display color: 1.07 Billion Colors
- Lamp life: It lasts up to 6,000 hours
- Image Size: 40″-235″
- Resolution support: VGA(640 x 480) to WUXGA_RB(1920X1200) *RB=Reduced blanking
- Keystone Adjustment: 1D, Vertical ± 20 degrees
- Weight: 5.84 lbs
- Connectivity: HDMI, and smartphone
4. ERISAN T20
ERISAN T20 is the Mini Multimedia LCD Projector which supports 1080P HD Video w/ HDMI VGA AV-In USB SD. It is equipped with the Innovative Cooling System for Noise Suppression.
It comes with the LED Lamp with an average life of more than 30000 hours. The company stated in the statement that this projector is not compatible for the PPT or business presentation because of bright lights or during the day time. This is ideal for the home theater movies, video, game, and for the best result, it is highly recommended using in dark. It supports projection size from 34 to 130 inches, and the best projection distance is about 8 feet with image size 80 inches.
If you don’t have an enough budget to spend on the home theater screens then this is the projector you want. The features are quite less as I compare to the other ones. So if you want to enjoy the game on large screen with a small budget then this projector is might be recommended for you.
Features of ERISAN T20:
- Display Technology: TFT LCD
- Lamp Life: 20000 hours
- Weight: 2.12 lbs
- Connectivity Technology: USB, HDMI, Infrared, AV-In, VGA.
- Aspect Ratio: 4:3/16:9
- Projection Mode: Front Projection, support Ceiling/Wall Mounted
- Brightness: 1,500 lumen
- Speaker: Built-In Dual Speakers, support external speaker connection
5. ViewSonic PJD7828HDL
This one is the another ViewSonic product which is perfect for the game and home theaters. It is packed with 3,200 lumens of brightness which produces bright images in any environment with the excellent performance in rooms with high ambient light.
It powers a 10W speaker to deliver incredibly clear and audible sound. With Full HD 1080p resolution, this projector delivers stunning detail, vivid color, and beautifully immersive images that transport you from home to the local cineplex.
Just experience the multiplex at your home with this powerful and robust projector. Also, with a shorter throw ratio, 1.3x optical zoom, smart design, and extensive connectivity, the PJD7828HDL provides flexible and quick set-up in any home.
This device also comes with the extensive support and function. This epic home theater projector comes in the four variant, and the price is totally different from each other. It comes with the feature like short throw, ultra short throw, 1080p. So if you want the projector of ViewSonic in your format and requirement then this projector would help you a lot.
Features of ViewSonic PJD7828HDL:
- Resolution: Full HD 1080p Resolution
- Projection Technology: DLP DarkChip3 Technology
- Speaker: 10W Speaker, Enhanced 10W speaker
- Keystoning: Vertical Digital Keystoning
- Optical Zoom: 1.3x
- Warranty: 3-year limited warranty on parts and labor, 1-year limited warranty on lamp
- Connectivity: Secure MHL/HDMI port, Wireless Streaming
- Color Wheel Type: SuperColor RGBCYW
- Weight: 5.29 lbs
Optoma HD27 is the great projector in the world of Home Theater projector. It is the ultimate projector that comes with the 1080p 3d DLP technology. Optoma is the great brand in the series of the projector if you know well about the products of Optoma. It is best for the home to watch general videos and movies. This antique projector has the brightness of 3200 ANSI Lumens which counts very good to make the best home projector.
It is full HD 1080P Projector which gives perfect and sharper detailed projection with 1920 x 1080p pixels, Hence it is perfect for watching Blu-ray movies without downscaling or compression. The Lamp Life of this Optoma HD 27 is impressive, it is claimed that it works perfectly 8000 hours. This projector can display true 3D content from almost any 3D source, including 3D Blu-ray players, 3D broadcasting and the latest generation games consoles.
This projector is overloaded with some awesome features and latest technologies to improve the performance. It gives the screen size range of 71-inches from 8 feet; 107-inches from 12 feet so you can adjust the screen size according to your wish.
Features of Optoma HD 27:
- Display Technology: DLP
- Contrast Ratio: 25,000:1
- Resolution: 1080p
- Brightness: 3,200
- Image Size: 27.88″ – 305.3″
- Lamp Life: 8,000
- Connectivity: MHL Connectivity
- Weight: 5.5 lbs
7. ViewSonic PJD5155
ViewSonic is the good brand in the Projector category and it has the 3,300 lumens, native SVGA 800 x 600 resolution, and intuitive, user-friendly design. The product is really a compact and well designed. This offers a wide color gamut for beautiful image production in nearly any environment, while sound enhancement technology delivers improved sound quality.
The PJD5155 also features extensive connectivity including HDMI, 2 x VGA, Composite Video, S-Video, 1 x VGA output and Audio in/out. The lamp life stands by up to 10,000 hours.
This projector is compatible with Mac, and Windows, and can be connected easily with DVD players, Blu-ray players, Amazon FireTV, AppleTV, Google Chromecast, and more. If you are looking projector for the education, business, game, and home then this projector is might check. This awesome projector is designed with ViewSonic’s proprietary SonicExpert technology that incorporates an enlarged speaker chamber and a more powerful amplifier to deliver a full 20Hz-20Khz sound range. So, if you’re thinking to buy the home projector then this ViewSonic has also the plenty of features to compete the market and competitors.
Features of ViewSonic PJD5155:
- Lamp Hours: Stands by up to 10,000 hours
- Weight: 4.85 lbs
- Color & Brightness: 4,700
- Contrast Ratio: 20000:1
- Connectivity Technology: HDMI
- SonicExpert Technology
- Display Technology: DLP
- Throw Ratio: 1.86~2.04:1
8. Epson Home Cinema 2040
Epson Home Cinema 2040 is the 1080p 3D 3LCD Home Theater Projector. It is one of the best Projector for home use as it has the screen size range of 90-inches from 8 feet and 134-inches from 12 feet. With its HDMI ports, you can easily connect this Projector with other devices and play games and watch movies. Also, this is 3D ready projector, so you can also enjoy the world of 3D at your living room.
This cool projector provides 35,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio for advanced image processing. Also, it has 2200 lumens of color brightness and 2200 lumens of white brightness which makes this Projector better for lightning and can handle any size of the screen. If also feature inbuilt speakers which provide rich sound quality while you are watching movies or playing games.
This HD Home Theater Projector is the best resolution for high definition formats such as HDTV, Blu-ray, and gaming systems. To provide better connectivity with other devices, this projector is integrated with two HDMI ports and MHL connectivity. And if you are gaming freak, you can also connect this with Blu-ray Disc player, gaming console or streaming device, and project up to 300 inches virtually anywhere.
This Epson HD Projector has the special feature Keystone Correction which adjusts the image being projected so that it displays flat on the screen. The lamp life of this projector is 7,500 hours on ECO Mode and up to 4000 hours on Normal Mode. Also, the company provides 2-years limited warranty and free technical support with this HD Home Theater Projector.
So, if you are looking for a projector which you can use it for any purpose like watching movies, playing games, or for studies, then this will be the best for you as it has the HD display which provides crystal clear image quality.
Features of Epson Home Cinema 2040:
- White Brightness: 2200 Lumens
- Color Brightness: 2200 Lumens
- Lamp Life: Up to 7,500 hours
- Fan Noise: 29 dB – 37 dB
- Keystone: Auto
- Speakers: 5W
- Weight: 9 lbs
- Connectivity Supports MHL-enabled devices, including Chromecast, Roku Streaming Stick, HDMI,
- Warranty: 2 Year Limited
9. Optoma HD142X
This is the powerful projector from the brand of Optoma. It is loaded with lots of features, The company proclaimed this projector as the Big Screen Entertainment for your Home Theater. It is a really impressive projector which comes with the 8,000-hour lamp life. Just watch movies and play games with stunning colors in any environment. 3,000 ANSI lumens combined with a sharp contrast ratio enable a near perfect reproduction of the REC.709 color spectrum, the international standard for HDTV viewing. It is perfect for watching Blu-ray movies.
It is full HD 1080p which comes with the 1920 x 1080 pixels also you don’t need to buy any portable or no need to connect the external speakers, Just complete your home entertainment experience with the convenience of a powerful built-in 10W speaker. One can also connect tablet and smartphone with a single cable using MHL to play games, stream videos and share photos on the big screen.
This projector weighing less than 5.5lbs you can take it round to a friend’s house with the optional carry bag for a sports event, movie night or games marathon for the best big screen experience anywhere with a flat surface. Just enjoy the complete home entertainment experience with the convenience of a powerful built-in speaker. It comes with the 10W Mono Speaker. The Optoma claims that this projector has the aspect ratio of 16:9 Native, 4:3 Compatible. It also has the 3d support, that can only be used with compatible 3D content. The Typical applications include use with 3D educational or 3D design and modeling systems.
Features of Optoma HD142X
- Connectivity Technology: USB, HDMI
- Display Technology: DLP & sRGB support
- Contrast Ratio: 23,000:1
- Lamp Life: 8000-hour lamp life
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9 Native, 4:3 Compatible
- Weight: 5.5 lbs
- Auto power off
- Speaker: 10W Mono Speaker
- Native Resolution: 1920 x 1080
- Warranty: 1 Year Warranty
10. BenQ W1080ST
BenQ W1080ST is one of the best HD Home Theater Projector with 3D support. It also supports 480i, 480p, 576i, 567p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p and you can easily enjoy Blu-ray, video games and HD broadcasting in beautiful, high-contrast quality This projector also has 10,000:1 contrast ratio which provides better image quality, and 2,000 ANSI lumens of brightness makes this Projector better for lightning and can handle any size of the screen.
Also integrated with the SmartEco technology for energy conservation and auto standby mode to save energy and prolong lamp life up to 2,000 hours. To give you the full feeling of a movie theater, this projector has inbuilt speakers which provide immersive sound quality. You can use this projector for shorter distance projection as its throw ability is up to 65″ at 1m.
This product is integrated with the native 1080p DarkChip3 DLP Technology by Texas Instrument and built in speakers which will make your living room into a theater. You can easily connect this projector with different devices, as it supports multiple forms of 3D including HDMI, Blu-Ray, 3D broadcasting, video games and NVIDIA 3DTV PC connectivity.
You can easily operate this projector by only plugging the power cord and video source connection cable. Also, the company provides limited time manufacturer warranty and free technical support with this Projector. It is integrated with DLP Technology to reflect pure light from millions of micro mirrors on a DMD chip through our advanced color wheels. Also, the company provides limited time manufacturing warranty and free technical support with this Projector.
So if you want a good short throw DLP projector from a reputed brand, then BenQ W1080ST is a good choice.
Features of BenQ W1080ST:
- Display Technology: DLP
- Weight: 6.3 lbs
- Contrast Ratio: 10000:1
- Connectivity Technology: HDMI
- ISFccc Certification: Yes
- Speaker: Built-in-Speaker
- Throw Ratio: 0.69-0.83
- Display Color: 1.07 Billion Colors
- Technology: Full HD 3D Support & SmartEco Technology
This list is quite impressive, they all come with the new technology integrated. So, that one can turn the projector into a smart display by connecting a smartphone or tablet and Enjoy games, stream videos and share photos on the big screen.
This is the nice way of enjoying movies, videos and some sort of photos, Every projector is best in their respective field they all are Home theater projector and yet they come with the supplement of features and functions. If you want to buy the projector for your wonderful homes then this is the list you should check.
If you still puzzled and dazed with the choice of the new projector then let me clear this doubt by recommending the products gently. Here are some home theater projector recommended by me personally.
The Optoma HD27, ViewSonic PJD7828HDL, and Epson Home Cinema 2040 are really best in class and perfect for the home theater projector. They have plenty of features which would attract you effortlessly.
Now, it’s up to you what you want to choose for your beautiful homes. So, winding this post. Thanks for reading the wonderful article.
If you like this post, then must share it with your mates and friends..!!